Tuesday, March 15, 2011

KD's NCAA Tournament Bracket - East & Southwest



East Region

I don't know if I've ever seen a region as tough as the East this year. Gene Smith, the AD at Ohio State and chairman of the NCAA Selection Committee, did his Buckeyes no favors. Ohio State, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky, West Virginia, and 2006 Final Four team George Mason are all in this bracket.

That said, I like the Buckeyes (I think) to come of the East to take on San Diego State in the Final Four. Jared Sullinger is good (not great) in the post, John Diebler and William Buford are knock-down shooters, and they play solid defense. I think they'll have some trouble as they're not deep, but they're top 6 are better than anyone else's.

Upset Special - It's tough to really pick an upset here, but I like Georgia to out-physical Washington, and if they can play their game and slow it down, I can see them giving North Carolina some trouble.

Southwest Region

Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU. I like Kansas to win the whole thing, which is strange as I usually don't trust Kansas at all. With my luck, they'll lose in the Sweet 16. I like the Morris brothers, and I feel like they can negate Jared Sullinger if they were to meet Ohio State in the Championship Game.

I also like the Purdue Boilermakers, and wouldn't be shocked if they go pretty far as well. I'm not a big fan of Notre Dame; when they shoot well, they're tough to beat, but I don't think they'll stay as hot as they were in the Big East Tournament.

Upset Special - I'll go with the Richmond Spiders. They run shades of the Princeton Offense, and rebound very well as a team. I like them to take down Vanderbilt in the first round.

Final Four - Three #1 seeds seems like a lot to me, but I just don't see that many upsets happening to the lower seeds. I'll take Ohio State over San Diego State and Kansas over Pittsburgh.

National Champion: Kansas Jayhawks

No comments:

Post a Comment