Tuesday, March 15, 2011

KD's NCAA Tournament Bracket - Southeast & West



Southeast Region

The Bottom half of the bracket (click the picture to zoom in and see my picks) I thought was more difficult to pick. I think Pittsburgh has a pretty soft region playing the the Southeast.

I like the Pitt Panthers to come out of this region. Wannamaker and Gibbs are a very good backcourt duo, and I don't think anyone else in the region can compete with Gary McGhee in the middle.

Losing Brandon Davies hurts BYU, and I don't think Jimmer Fredette is going to carry them all the way.

Upset Special I'll take the University of California Santa Barbara Gauchos over the Florida Gators - yeah, I know that's a 15 over a 2, but I think Florida is overrated and will be coming off a hangover losing to Kentucky in the SEC Championship Game.

West Region

The defending champion Duke Blue Devils are in this region, and Nolan Smith is playing lights out right now. If they still had Kyrie Irving, I'd pick them to win the whole thing, but I like the San Diego State Aztecs, who went 32-2 (lost to BYU twice). I really like Kahwi Leonard's game, and I think the Aztecs have enough pieces to win the region.

Upset Special - Give me the Oakland Golden Grizzlies over Texas and Arizona - yeah, that's right 2 games. They're experienced, have a lot of size (two 7-footers) and can hit the 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment